Monday, July 23, 2012


Is now the time to purchase a property?



Of course I’m going to say it’s time to buy a home.  I am a Realtor after all.  But don’t just trust my honest face.  There are some nice statistics to back that up.
Over the past 12 months or so, rent prices in the United States have risen, on average, of about 5.4%  Whereas home prices have risen only about 3% or so.  So why rent when a comparable home would be about the same price you are paying on rent?
Thinking about investing, is it time to purchase a rental property?  You betcha! Because of the distressed home sales (foreclosures and short sales) many people will not qualify for a mortgage loan for a few years.  They need to rent.
So, yeah…it’s time to buy!  Don’t know where to start? Just give me a call or shoot an email.  I would be happy to walk you through the process.



Tiffany Jacobs
Advantage+ Real Estate Team
RE/MAX Olympic

9214 Center Street #100, Manassas, VA, 20110
Direct: 571.209.8133